NCE GWire™ ProCab
Developed in cooperation with QSI Solutions.
Download NCE GWire ProCab manual (PDF)
G Scale Systems Comparison: New Aristocraft TrainEngineer Vs. New NCE GWire Procab
- This is the next generation wireless G Scale throttle loaded with many more features at a comparable cost compared to the current AirWire™ products!
- Most User Friendly Format Available!
- Runs 4 locomotives or consists at one time independently by using the 4 slot recall feature!
- Operates 29 function controls!
- Operates stationary decoders without any special accessories!
- Instant Push Button Control of Locomotive Momentum!
- Large 32 Character Easy to Read LCD Display gives you Address, Speed Direction, Active Functions and More!
- Discreet Push Button Control of all the Popular Locomotive Sound and Control Functions!
- Thumb Wheel or Push Button Control of Locomotive Speed and Direction!
- Rugged Quality Ergonomic Design!
- Compatible with all QSI, Quantum, DC/DCC Sound Power Decoders and all Air-Wire™ Receivers/Decoders!
- Operates also as a DCC ProCab for all NCE DCC Systems.
NCE GWire ProCab
*AirWire™ is a trademark of CVP Products, Richardson, Texas
Reducing Number of Steps for the GWire ProCab Turn-Off Sequence
Some users feel it takes too many steps to turn off the NCE GWire ProCab. Here is a way to reduce the number of steps.
One of the cool features on the new throttle is the ability to program the OPTION key. Follow these steps to program the OPTION key to turn the throttle off.
- Power on the throttle by first holding down the SELECT LOCO key and then pressing the EMERGENCY STOP key. This will start up the throttle in the cab configuration menu.
- Press the ENTER key repeatedly until you see the "PROG OPTION KEY" screen.
- Key in the numbers 0 9 6 and press the ENTER key.
- Press the PROG/ESC key to exit the cab configuration menu.
The throttle will now go to the main display.
Give it a try! Press the OPTION key, the screen will display 1=RADIO OFF. Press the 1 key and the throttle will shut off.
This option will not shut off the throttle with one key press, but will do it with two. NCE did not want a single key press, to eliminate the possibility of accidentally turning the throttle off.