Quantum Engineer Booster
Use the the Quantum Engineer to get full access to up to 28 sound functions and add the Quantum Engineer Booster (QEB) to get up to 40 Amps of unprecedented DC power for your large scale multi-loco consists and lighted passenger trains. Requires external power supply.
List Price $189.95
When wired properly, the Quantum Engineer Booster (QEB) red “Active” light should not stay lit; the light should only flash when commands are sent by pressing the Quantum Engineer (QE) buttons. If the QEB “Active” light stays lit, exchange (swap) the two QE black wires; do not change or disconnect the QE red wires from their connections shown in the diagram.
The Power Pack fixed voltage should not exceed 24 volts peak, which is about 16-17 volts AC.
Change in programming procedure: To program in analog using QEB:
- Turn up throttle until locomotive sounds come on;
- While leaving throttle in this position, turn-off power pack using its power switch;
- Hold down QE program button;
- Turn on power pack power;
- Release QE program button after hearing command being sent;
- Locomotive enters programming; use the Next and Prev buttons to move through program options in normal way.