Quantum Magnum™: Universal "G" Gauge Sound & Power System
Discontinued - see new Titan Large Scale
U.S. Reissue Patent Number RE38,660.
This Quantum product is designed to install into most "G" gauge locomotives. The compact size and features make this an excellent option for aftermarket installations.
Alternate Magnum Configuration Options
Carefully bend the 12 pin header connector contacts to a horizontal position. We will supply the female 12 pin header connector to use for terminations and retain the PnP options.
Use the Magnum adaptor without the 12 pin and the 10 pin header female connectors and solder the Magnum adaptor directly to the Aristo board. This will reduce height by 3/8". The 8 screw terminals will still provide for easy solder-less connections for easy installation and removal.
We can supply the Magnum with a direct 12 pin screw terminal which replaces the standard 12 pin header terminal.
More configuration info is available.
I've been learning more and more about what the QSI card can actually do in G scale and I'm more and more impressed with it. I've got QSI in five locos now and I'll be adding more. I've been talking QSI up on the large scale forums--it's a really great product.
- Dual Mode Decoder: Quantum Magnum is a dual decoder for operation under DC and DCC track power. Operation toggles automatically to DCC if DCC signals are detected.
- Advanced Analog™: All of the sound features available in DCC are available using the Quantum Engineer add-on controller to you DC power pack (see notes).
- GWire™ Operation*: Quantum Magnum includes an additional plug for GWire operation under track or battery power.
- Motor Control: RTC (Regulated Throttle Control) is included for supreme low speed performance, smooth acceleration and braking, and power sharing between locomotives in consists.
- Directional Lighting: Forward (dimmable) headlight and reverse light operations are automatically enabled when Quantum Aristo Sound Decoder is plugged in the Aristocraft motherboard.
- Downloadable Sounds: All Quantum 2 products can be upgraded with new sounds and software from the QSI Solutions website using the Quantum Programming™ product. This keeps your sound system current with new features, improvements and sounds.
"Here's a short YouTube video clip I posted that I thought you might enjoy featuring all QSI Quantum Magnums with NCE D13SRs for aux lighting using TDS Large Oval and HB157S speakers wired in parallel."
The Magnum uses the Aristo decoder and a conversion plug assembly to create the generic format. Therefore it is identical in features and slightly taller than the Aristo unit.
|Physical Size||1.27” X 2.2” X 1.5”|
|Operating Track Voltage Range||4.5 v < VTrack < 35 v|
|Maximum Peak Voltage||35 Volts|
|Steady State Current||2.7 Amps|
|Motor Stall Current (3 sec)||3 Amps|
|Speaker Load||8 ohm|
|Audio Power Output||5 watts|
|Maximum Operating Temperature||100 °C|
|Forward and Reverse light drivers||500 mA|
- An additional feature of the Quantum Magnum includes additional lighting options. Besides the default operation of Headlight and Reverse Lights, a separate plug is available for 10 additional lamp drivers including 5 settable voltage outputs using software controlled PWM and five binary toggled (on/off) drivers. The total of all drivers must not exceed 500 mA. This allows configurable and variable intensity operation of dimmable Headlight and Reverse lights, Overhead Blinking lights, Mars Lights, Ditch Lights, and on/off operation of other lights such as Marker Lights, Cab Lights, Number Board Lights, Step Lights, Truck Lights, and Engine Room Lights.
- GWire™ requires special connector cable to on-board receiver that is supplied with the Quantum GWire Receiver
- The only major feature not available under Advanced Analog control is independent operation of different locomotives at different speeds on the same powered track section at the same time. This feature is exclusive to Command Control.
- Michael M. sent us the following note : This page has programs that animate many different value gear types allowing the user to adjust cutoff and well as many other things. Might go along with the QSU cutoff tip that had a link to an animation that did not show cutoff.
*Shipping in July 2007.